The romantic look and sound of the clarsach makes it an ideal instrument to provide a musical background to your special day. Light and easily transportable, the clarsach is suitable for many different types of venue, including those with limited space. For larger venues or weddings with over 100 guests, Ruth uses an amplifier to lift the volume of the clarsach. The pick-up microphone and amplifier she uses are specially designed for acoustic stringed instruments.
Ruth has performed at numerous weddings in different venues across Scotland, and her expertise and professionalism shines through at all stages from the initial consultation to the wedding day itself. Ruth is happy to chat to you about your ideas and any requirements that you may have.
Ruth can provide music for all parts of the day, as required, including:
- background music as guests are seated prior to the ceremony
- as the bride walks down the aisle
- during the signing of the register
- as the bride and groom exit
- providing accompaniment to hymns or other songs
- background music during your drinks reception
- as the top table and bride and groom enter
- background music during your wedding breakfast
Ruth has a wide and varied repertoire that includes traditional, classical and contemporary music. She also takes requests, so if there is a special song you would like to be played she would be happy to arrange it for the harp.
“Ruth was amazing! She was really great to work with, gave me great advice and kept me right. Ruth is so talented – nothing was a problem. She played different styles of music, from a hymn to Snow Patrol, which I loved!”
– Gillian, wedding at Hungtingtower Castle, May 2014.